Problem: Unambiguous Verifiable Network Identity.
How Does Linked Data Address This Problem? It provides critical infrastructure for the WebID Protocol that enables an innovative tweak of SSL/TLS.
What about OpenID? The WebID Protocol embraces and extends OpenID (in an open and positive way) via the WebID + OpenID Hybrid variant of the protocol -- basic effect is that OpenID calls are re-routed to the WebID aspect which simply removes Username and Password Authentication from the authentication challenge interaction pattern.
- X.509 Certificate and Private Key Generator
- Structured Profile Document (e.g. a FOAF based Profile) published to an HTTP Network (e.g. World Wide Web) and accessible at an Address (URL)
- An Agent Identifier aka. WebID (an HTTP Name Reference re. URI variant) that's the Subject of a Structured Profile Document (actually a Descriptor Resource)
- Mechanism for persisting Public Key data from X.509 Certificate to Structured Profile Document and associating it with Subject WebID (e.g. SPARUL or other HTTP based methods)
- Mechanism for de-referencing Public Key data associated with a WebID (from its Structured Profile Document) for comparison against Public Key data following successful standard SSL/TLS protocol handshake (e.g. via SPARQL Query).
- WebID + OpenID Hybrid Protocol Demo using ODS, Stackoverflow.com, and identi.ca. - Youtube Screencast Demo